Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How blessed we are!

 

So I am being driven home tonight by my friend after we watched a movie in her warm house. We are making small talk, noticing how empty Antigua is, I then mention my toes are cold and she puts on the heat for me. We are driving down 4th calle along side Central Park and to my left is a building with an overhang and under the overhang are people all bundled up sleeping. I start to think about the warm house I came from, the heat for my toes, going home to my house with a bed, the groceries I bought today and even the fact I was riding in a car!  Do we ever stop and think about what we have? It made me think a lot about how blessed I am! I am really worried about money due to buying my ticket home; I have less than 100 dollars in my account. The thing, I should be looking at is how blessed I am, I have a bed, I have food, I have warm clothes. More then what the people have I just passed! I then get on yahoo to check my email and see an update on how people are in a “FRENZY” regarding a designer’s line! REALLY!! I come from passing people sleeping on the street to reading how people are going crazy about junk! So do we sit back and really look at what we have and think Do I need to have this new computer, tv, car, phone, shoes or whatever? I think sometimes we forget and need to sit back and think about what we have and thank God a little more on what he has blessed us with. Maybe there’s someone you know at church, work or a friend of friend who could use that a little more and pass that blessing on! I am not saying this to get people to send support to me but to look back and bless someone that could really use it! I have been so blessed with support I was able to give an extra 100Q’s to someone in my church who has four boys and they had no money, food, nothing! I didn’t think twice about my lack of funds but gave God’s money to someone who really needed it! I guess I have a different eye on living now. Being a missionary you look at the world different, seeing the “Frenzy” on yahoo just made me a little UGH when I know so many people and including myself who are out doing God’s work and are struggling with support. How I see people sleeping on the street and then there are people who have to go run out and spend money on the newest thing! Even tonight has made me look at myself and what I think I need, God gives us lesson in the least expected way! I am happy that I was able to learn something new from God!

No comments: