Monday, November 22, 2010

The light that shines through

No matter how much we do or think we are doing great work there’s that nagging in the back of your head are you really doing what you should and you start to wonder?? Is this the right place? That you may make mistakes and get that feeling WHAT am I doing??? So you start talking to God about what is going… In the mist of wonder and some regret there’s always the light that God show’s you.. For me on Saturday November 20th I was able to take two kids from Hermano Pedro’s to Pollo Compro’s! It was just the light that I needed God to show me! I was with Pat a other Missionary who lives here and we both got to take two kids out to eat. I am a bit in love with a boy named Henry who has cerebral Palsy and is confined to a wheelchair!!! He is a very very smart boy who knows English very well!!!

Side Track!! The last time I went in to visit with the kids I spent time with Henry who started to ask me questions about my family in ENGLISH!! I of course responded in Spanish since I need the Practice!!! He wanted to know how many sister’s / brother’s I have, where they live. Asked about my Mom and Dad! I then thought to myself do I tell him about my mom, not knowing if he has family??? Do I bring up such sadness! He kept asking so I told him that my mom was in heaven with Jesus! He asked why??? I wonder that same question myself, I mean don’t we all, wonder WHY are loved one! He kept repeating his questions about my family and when he got to the question about my mom, I again told him and with his innocent eyes asking why?? I was not really for sure what I said but the conversation with this boy just touched my heart!

BACK to the story of Saturday!!!  So before we left we were just hanging out and he would come over and say “ Jenny, Pollo Compro’s shhhhhh” many times he did his. I saw the light in his eyes and it just melted my  heart!!!! Henry was the light I needed!!!! He just made everything seem so right, that things would be ok!!! We then went off too lunch with Pat and Junio. We all had such a good time!!! It was so much fun to walk the kids through the park and stop to see the water, birds, trees and to feel the sun!! I wanted to keep them out longer to hold on to my light but it started to rain so we had to head back!!

Even through the rain, the dark there’s always the light that God shine’s through!!!

Here are a few Picture’s of that day!!! :) My Light

Hermano Pedro (4)         Hermano Pedro (5)

 

 

IMG_0923

One other amazing thing I got to see Saturday was when Pat and I brought the kids back to Hermano Perdo’s the rain stopped so we sat outside with the kids. Watching the cars and people go by. Well there was a family that just had a visit at the Hospital and Pat saw that this young man’s wheelchair was in dire need of HELP!! We found Dick a other missionary here and told him about the young man’s chair. We all went outside to talk to the family, see how long they were going to be around and when they maybe back down. He lived about 6 hours away and was not coming down till February so Dick asked if they could wait a bit and see what he could do with his chair. They said yes and Dick got on the phone and within the hour was able to give the young man a new chair!! What amazing work God does!!! You could tell how thankful this family was and it was so rewarding to see! To be able to help someone on the whim and see how life changing it was for this young man!  

Today I was able to go to the Macadamia Farm, Valhalla with two guys I meet here at church and it was such a great time. We had this amazing breakfast!!! Sat there with the owners and talked to them for a couple of hours.We ended up meeting Kathleen Roals from California and was so encouraging to listen to her encourage me! I told her my story and why I am here and it was so great to have that encouragement made me feel that everything will be ok! Made me think how God puts the right people even children in your life to support and encourage you!

THANKS FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!

No comments: