Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine’s Day

Well Monday was the first “holiday” I had here in Guatemala! I actually forgot Valentine’s Day was coming up but it turned out to be a good day!

School

The start of the day was not very good, I woke up with a very bad Headache and Sinus problems. I really didn’t want to be at school but in bed! I am glad I hung it out and got to enjoy the day at school with the Valentine’s Day Party! The school did games, songs and had a special treat for everyone! Each class grade was able to do games and they had such a fun time.  When we got back in the classroom all the kids got a tostada and juice! They were very good and all loved it!  School got out at 10:30 that day and then we (teachers) had a gift exchange and bible study. I got a very beautiful shawl and a box of bon bon’s!

My Class playing a game                               Older kids trying to break a balloon between them

 Valentines Day 2011 (6)     Valentines Day 2011 (15)

Musical Chairs

Valentines Day 2011 (20)    Valentines Day 2011 (11)

 

Valentines Day 2011 (19)     Valentines Day 2011 (17)

Snack

Valentines Day 2011 (26)   Valentines Day 2011 (29)

 

Valentines Day 2011 (33)    Valentines Day 2011 (34)

 

Valentines Day 2011 (42)

Afterschool:

Later that day I had Spanish Class, worked on my English lesson for teaching on Tuesday and finished it off with making my very first meatloaf dish with mash potatoes and corn. The best part…I was able to talk to my Dad, Three Sisters and Cyndy and the Family!

 

Today: 2-16-2011

Today I woke up not tired and was actually early for work. I was riding up the Vulcan de Agua to work and not rushing today I actually looked out the window and not my watch! I took in everything that has been there since I started school. Today I saw the early sun shining on the Vulcan and gleaming on the trees and just showed this amazing view. On the other side of the road, still a little dark but I watched the fog still lingering on the tree tops and thought how beautiful these to views are and so different! At one point in the drive there’s a huge cross with Christ Arms Open and as I was looking I saw the fog lingering behind the cross and I wish I could of taken with a picture with my camera! I guess my point is how we don’t always have are eyes open to see what is right in front of us each day!

 


No comments: