Sunday, March 20, 2011

March Madness

 

It’s been a long time, ok a month but seems like longer! Feels Like March Madness! :)

School:

School is going Great! Everyday is a challenge but a blessing to work with the kids. I really do love working with them and so Thankful God has given me the opportunities to do so. We don’t always have a full classroom due to lack of attendance.  I have to be honest it’s nice to have that little break but does seem different when the kids are all not there. The kids are doing Good about brushing there teeth! They don’t like it but they do it. There’s one boy we have to work on getting the toothbrush inside of his mouth. He seems to only brush the front of his teeth. The other boy does not do it at all but I just learned we have to have him do it so that’s going to be difficult. One of our students just had a check up at the doctors and he seems to be doing good. He has seizure but his mom is not giving him his medicine all the time so the school and the doctor told her she must give it to him. We have a new student in the class. She was in first but was moved down. She’s very quiet but seems to be doing well in the class. Her name is Mirna. The kids still seem to be sick. It’s been at least a month if not more with sneezing, sneezing and . running to the bathroom all the time. I don’t know if it’s the time of year or what but please Pray that the kids will get better. SOON!

P.E. Class

PE Class (6)   PE Class (3)

Girls Hanging out at the end of the day!                      Play Time

School March (4) School March (1)

Joel getting Cream put on his face, you really can’t tell but his face was ALL white! It was Cute!

WI MAG (1)

 

Church:

As many of you may know I teach English Tuesday night’s at my church here and It’s going Great. I love being able to teach English, the lesson book I have are WONDERFUL. The adult students I have are great. They at times seem to forget speaking English in English class but I remind them NO Spanish.

I am leading towards doing a women’s bible study. I still need to talk with Pastor Mike and see what he thinks but I feel like God is leading me there to have more women support here. I miss my girlfriends back home and I need some girlfriends here and I feel having this bible study with allow us to grow with God and each other! Being a single women here alone is hard at times and having someone I know I can go to would be great.

Others:

It’s the time of year for Semana Santa. Holy Week. Semana Santa is in April but starting last week the procession start, carpets are being built and people are flocking to Antigua. YIKES! As this is a Holiday for Guatemala I ask for your prayers for safety for those who are here.  We have been warned by the U.S. Embassy to be a bit more aware. With a lot of people coming there’s a lot more crime. As it’s a beautiful scene to see and part of their culture we look or I look at the religious aspect of it. Here are the first Carpet, Procession and Decorations of 2011.

Krista in Antigua (62)    Krista in Antigua (98)

 

Krista in Antigua (7)    Krista in Antigua (10)

This is just a building along Central Park I took at night, I think it’s Beautiful and wanted to share

Krista in Antigua (12)   

The Super MOON:  

Girls Day 3-19-11 076   Girls Day 3-19-11 078

As much as School is a part of my life here so are the friends I am making. I want you to meet some of my friends that I am becoming Dear Friends with. We Help, Talk ( of course what girls don’t talk)  and Guide each other. They are very Important in my life and all missionaries from the states SO Please Pray for them too.

This is Diana Sroka: ( in the black shirt) She’s from Indiana. Diana works for Mission Impact. Diana will be getting Married soon! This day was a girls day and went to look at where she’s getting married! It was so much FUN.

April Clark: She’s from Alabama. April is the worship leader and leads the English program at Church! April has been here for 3 years and counting! Both Ladies are so much fun and so glad I am getting to know them… 

Girls Day 3-19-11 059 - Copy

This is Krista Edmonds from Tennessee. She’s been here since September. Krista teaches English in Guatemala City and will be returning home in July.

Krista in Antigua (6) - Copy

Megan Spencer: Megan is from Kansas. Megan works with me at the school in Santa Maria de Jesus and will be returning home in July! Megan is in the Hat.

Krista in Antigua (20)

 

 Prayer Request:

I have a friend that could use a lot of Prayer. I meet him at church, he’s from California and has moved here to start work. I think his mom is from here too. He’s a young Army Veteran suffering from P.T S. D. and does not seem to be doing well. I ( being me) worry about him and I finally have stopped talking to him. I guess emotionally for myself I just can’t handle it. With out more details, could you Please Please Pray for him. He says he called the US Embassy and they don’t have programs here for Veterans but He needs ALOT of Prayer. Thank You

Prayer for my fellow friends here and me, The one’s you meet above too. We all go through stuff ( life) here. Just like being back home but sometimes is seems worse being so far way.

Prayer for my school and the town! The Kids and Teachers. That God will keep working in our lives so we may continue to spread God’s work.

Prayer for Guatemala.

Prayer for my support to come in. Each Month I seem to worry, which I should not Cause God will provide for me! Please Pray that I will receive more monthly supporters.

Prayer for Safety

Support:

If you would like to support me you may send checks too:

Friends of Children Everywhere

P.O. Box 6904

Kokomo, IND U.S.A. 46904-6904

Genesis 12:1 The Lord said to Abram, “ Go… away from your country, from your relatives and your father’s house, to the land that I show you.”

1 comment:

Greg Apologia said...

Jenny,

I too left home and family in 1979. I gave away all of my possessions, except what I could carry on my back. I began my travels with a journey across Canada. It took several weeks, backpacking, hitch hiking, riding freight trains, ferry boats, etc...and all the while witnessing to anyone I could talk to. God blessed it. You remind me of me. God's grace is more than sufficient. Have the mind of Christ. Have a heart to serve. My life changed most when I was saved. It changed second most when I left everything behind and went forth as Abraham, but in the context of Christ, and the New
Covenant...It's wonderful; what you are doing is wonderful...Greg from MOCC, Madison, WI, USA