Sunday, September 4, 2011

August-My Time is Short!

 

Wow, I can’t believe my time is coming to an end soon. Today is August 31st and I can’t seem to find where my year went! Now leaving August I have been doing a lot of thinking, reflecting on my life here and soon to be back in the states. I wish I could put my life here into words or say a book, and then you would be able to know everything I have experienced. I am not the best at that plus sometimes you just have to live the life to understand it. To reach out of your comfort zone is hard and sometimes unmanageable to think about doing but taking that leap of faith is the first step and God will in so many ways teach you lessons. Yes there will be hard lessons to learn from but what in life is easy, there will be rocks and sometimes you feel like mountains that don’t have a way over but there is. God is always there, he is there when we don’t think he is, he’s still carrying us in his arms, holding us and comforting us in our time of need. I have learned so many lessons being here and yes most are from the hard times I struggled through. I think the lesson I have learned the most is my faith in God, remembering to lean on him and not the material world. When you are sad, lonely, wondering how you are going to pay rent, eat, buy a ticket home, it’s God that we should remember to go to. I have always been a person that likes to know how much my paycheck will be so I can figure out my bills, etc. That person was someone not relying on God it was the paycheck. Living as a missionary you never know how much you will get, if you can pay your rent, buy food etc. This has made me stronger in my Faith with God knowing he’s the one that provides a way to pay my bills, food and money to live on. Each month I never knew how much money I would receive, I would just pray that God would provide for me and he has. I started to think about how am I going to live back home, I don’t have any money, no place to live and no car. I started thinking what can I do to provide for myself, I started to think me , me , me until I talked to a friend and he reminded me that I have learned to rely on God in Guatemala and I should not started to think me, me, me but to remember God! That coming home I should not lose the focus on where I should keep my faith. So I keep praying that God will continue to provide for me here and back in the states.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

Proverbs 22:19 So that your trust maybe in the LORD, I teach you today, even you.

2 Samuel 22:47 The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted to God, the Rock, my Savior!

School: Is still great! The pass two weeks have been amazing; Victor the one child that seems to have the most problems has been wonderful. I have enjoyed school so much the past two weeks, it’s been wonderful. Keep praying for the kids and us (teachers) in working with the students to have positive attitudes. We have a couple of students that have not been coming to school, pray they return soon so they can continue their education. I know one student has gone in reverse and is using a bottle to eat and wearing diapers again. Pray for her to come back so we can work with her again. There is much needed prayer for each one of the students at school, Please keep praying for them. My birthday was on August 19th and I took in some treats for the kids, I bought them a muffin for breakfast and then for snack we had pop and cookies! Yes very healthy! J

The kids loved to make a toast with their cups

School 040

Joel LOVING his pop! Me taking the picture and toasting!

School 025

August 19th My Birthday!

I was not sure how my Birthday was going to turn out, I was feeling pretty lonely and depressed without my family and friends from the States. My birthday turned out to be GREAT! Memories I won’t forget, my friend Diana threw me, Susy, Nancy and her husband Leonel a Surprise Party.

This is Nancy (from Di’s church in the states on a mission trip) Susy is from El Salvador and Leonel was not able to make it, he had to work. It was the best part of my day!! We had pizza, cake and homemade ice cream!!! Diana had streamers, hats, candles that would not go out, the whole works. It was so thoughtful! Thank you Diana for making my day!!!

8-19-11 My bday (20)             8-19-11 My bday (17)

After the party I went to the café at my church where I volunteer a lot. The family I work with made me a cake!! I had TWO cakes on my Birthday!!

This is Clay (not from the family but a friend) giving me moose ears! Luis and Elias

8-19-11 My bday (33)

Danielle, Amanda and Elias. My cake was awesome!

8-19-11 My bday (30)

from there I went to watch my friend play Basketball, Alex plays on the Guatemalan’s National Wheelchair Basketball Team. They will be playing in Mexico in November so you can pray for safe traveling. Later that night I met up with my friend Melanie’s family for dinner. My day turned out to be more then I could imagine. I was very blessed to be surrounded by my friends from Guatemala!

                            Alex-Jaun (16)     

Friends Table ONE

8-19-11 My bday (3)                 8-19-11 My bday (4)

Friends Table Two

8-19-11 My bday (6)                8-19-11 My bday (5)

My Birthday Dinner

8-19-11 My bday (8)

Philippians 4:19 and my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus

The part I hate most about being a missionary is asking for support, I try not to make all my letters about money cause I want you all to know what I am doing and how blessed I am to be here. In regards to that I would like to ask you for support in the time I have left. I have one month and a couple of days left. I need to buy my tickets, pay my rent, bills and money to live on. If you feel lead to help financially I am very thankful and blessed that you will be willing to help with my remaining time. If you can’t financially I understand and would like to ask mostly for prayer.

One thing I am trying not to worry about is finances when I get home. I have talked with some missionaries here in regards to what do you do when you get home. They have suggested that I ask for continue help for 2-3 months after I am home to get on my feet. I am looking at trying to find an apartment (that usually takes two months of rent off the bat), a car and bills that I will have to start to pay. I do have a job when I get back, I don’t have a place to live or a car. I am so use to relying on myself and this a huge lesson I am learning to ask for help and to keep putting my Faith in God and that he will provide! If you would be willing to continue support while I am home to help me get back on my feet, I would be so thankful for that. Thank you for your prayers in regarding my needs.

Philippians4:12-13 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Support:

If you would like to support me you may send checks too or you may go to

Friends of Children Everywhere

P.O. Box 6904

Kokomo, IND U.S.A. 46904-

Or you may go to www.foce.org and pay on PayPal

Genesis 12:1 The Lord said to Abram, “Go… away from your country, from your relatives and your father’s house, to the land that I show you.”

Prayer:

Tooth issues- I Still have to get two teeth worked on

Staying Healthy/ I don’t have Health Insurance any more

Finances-

Students and Parents of Santa Maria de Jesus

Traveling to and from work

Teaching English at Church

Keeping God close when life seems to get busy!

Time left here in Guatemala

Funds for my return home

 

Thank You with much Love

Jennifer Ribbink

No comments: