Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day Two

I am hear in Guatemala! Yesterday was pretty rough. The lack of sleep and being gone hit pretty hard! Not sure what time it was but I didn't' have anything going on just hanging out here at the house and started to think I can't just visit my Friends and felt alone! I ended up calling my sister and crying for 20 mins on the phone to her! It helped but didn't help my headache I had! It also made me think of Jenny Estridge, she says plan on crying the first few days!! Yikes! I also talked with Jenny's husband and that helped. I thought of all my friends I would loved to talk with but I just couldn't, I don't have alot of minutes on my phone for everyone! I am praying about it and not expecting the devil putting the loneliness in me. Last night when I read my Devotional book it was all about Fear! It touched home a bit! Made me feel better to read Gods word.
Today was a good day, a few tears but not a lot like yesterday. I would catch myself, pray about it and stop. I just had such a hard time sleeping yesterday with my headache! I have a other one but it's not from crying, I don't know what? Sinus?? They were hurting yesterday too! So back today, I went to Antigua for breakfast, talked about the rest of the school year and what I will be doing, Talked about next year! I will be teaching 4th through 6th grade English! I was a little disappointed I was sooooo looking forward to teaching Kindergarten. Then I came back to the house started to walk aimlessly but I then sat and talked to Gilma for a bit! I was off to school for a meeting/activity time for the staff. Lunch was at 1:30 and the meeting was over at 6pm!! Long!!!! It was in Spanish so I was catching myself looking outside the window watching the rooster and some type of ducks on the roof of the house next door! I did have some other American Ladies translate for me! On our way back to the house I saw a wonderful view of two volcanos. It had been raining so the fog was about in the middle of them and was amazing then we came across some cows on the road! Yesterday we about backed into some with the van! :) IF you don't see wild dogs on the road it's cows!! Ending my day I sat outside a bit before it sprinkled, late supper and dealing with getting my computer to connect to the Internet here! It's a hassle!! I would of loved to post some pics but I cant find them on my computer! Which I have a new computer!! Some of my church family bought me a computer since my other one was slowly dying! I am very blessed to have the support of my family and friends and that's why this is harder then I thought it was going to be!! Keep praying for me! So when I am not so tired I will try to find those pics and Post them!
Thank You to all my Family and Friends so support me in my new journey in life! I ask for your prayers as I said it's been harder on me then I thought! Please pray that I stay healthy, my headache's will go away! That I will grow in my spiritual fitness and just grow closer to God in my time of need. With Love, Me

2 comments:

Kyle Lein said...

Oh, Jenny, I can only imagine how tough it must have been that first day! Thanks for the update and stay strong. Before you realize it God will have you so on fire for life down there that you will be thanking him for the opportunity to serve the children of Guatemala in this way. Much love and we look forward to more updates.
God bless,
Kyle

Sara Kane said...

Love you Jenny! You are so brave to travel so far to serve God and love his children. You will not be sorry! Thank you so much for taking that giant step of faith and going for it! You are so awesome! Can't wait to see pictures when the computer stuff gets worked out!