Monday, August 23, 2010

My Past Week

It has been along time since I have been able to get my computer to work! The wireless router came today but does not work up or down stairs, were going to call and see if there’s anything else to do! I was hoping to use my computer in my room! I can use it outside though! Expect it rains all the time! Well any way Last Tuesday I had a chance to observe a local child. His mom is concern with some of his ways, we also went into Antigua real quick, it was fun but hoping to spend more time there walking around. Not much went on Wednesday! Thursday was my 37th Birthday and see it makes me feel very old! The morning was a bit rough just missing everyone and crying a lot but the day got better! Tony came down for my birthday supper, Gilma made corn on the cob, potatoes, snow peas, and had a very Yummy Pineapple upside down cake! I bought some Ice Cream so the night was just great! I will post some more pictures even though there’s a few on already. Friday I had my first woodcarving lesson, I am going to try to do a turtle! Saturday moringing I helped Gilma with a child's program she has here, they are very cute kids and eager to learn God's word. Also on Saturday was my first Chicken Bus Ride! YIKES!! I was with Gilma and Maria though. We spent a little more time in Antigua but not more! It was still fun!!! It was very crowed on the bus and very difficult to get out! On Sunday I got to ride into Antigua with Tony, he brought some ladies down from Casa Bernabe. We went to Cerro de la Cruz., Las Capuchinas and then to the square area! We dropped the ladies off at the Market and Tony and I went to eat and walked around! It was such a fun day to relax, walk around, not be rushed and and not be in the house all day. It’s been a up and down week full of adjustments and some new ways of life! Keep me in your Prayers!

Today was my first day at school! I was up at 5:45am and ready to go by 6:45am! I walked to school today with Hugo and the kids and it’s some walk up the hill! I got to sit in with a American teacher named Jennifer. She teaches English to 1st-4th grade! it was different and very interesting. I thought there would be more English being used in the classroom. I then stayed after to help with a older group making items for the Independence parade. So not only did I celebrate the US Independence but I will get to celebrate Guatemalas and it sounds like the celebration last a long time. I then walked home by myself, I was a little nervous and really don’t think I am ready for it yet! So I may have to budget a tuc-tuc ride, it’s a taxi on a motorcycle! Last but not least! I start Spanish lesson tomorrow

Please continue to pray for me! It sure is different. I am not use to living with people so that too is an adjustment some girls at worked asked me if I was staying here or moving, The place where they live is not that much more then what I pay here, if I had a car I think I would really think about moving. It nice to be around people but also I feel Like I don’t have my freedom. Maybe it's just cause I don't have a car and I can't go and do something if I want to, I have to ask to be taken there and picked up! Also you can't go and walk around like you can in Antigua. Pray for my Spanish lesson, that God will give my brain the understanding and what I will be teaching. Pray for support that Gods Talks to those would be willing to support me. That the support will keeping coming in and helping me so I may mission here to others. Thanks and I hope you enjoyed the about pics.

No comments: