Monday, October 11, 2010

Hardship and Joy!

It has been a journey since I've moved here!! School started off going ok! Working at the school was great but something was missing?? I wish I was able to do more Spanish Classes,be able to talk to the kids and staff in Spanish and feel like I belong here! Two weeks ago now I had a meeting with the school and they want me to take a class in Guatemala city along with some other stuff but if I don't take the class I can't teach at the school! It cost money I don't have, I would really like to go to the class and it sounds like it would help out a lot! So that brought up a lot of questions and concerns! If I take the class in the city I wont be able to take Spanish classes which I NEED! I had a meeting with Mission Impact and now they want me to make a Two year commitment or I can't teach with them! I am not sure what to do! I know when I felt called to come here for a year I could tell it was what God wanted me to do! I don't get taht feeling stay here for two years! I am not sure if I would get it after teaching which I am open to stay if it is what God wants me to do! :) In the mean time I am looking at two other schools! I need to talk to both principals about what they would want me to do! I was able to visit one and it seems wonderful! I pray that God will clearly open the door for me!
Another hard thing I just went through was having my wallet stolen. I lost my Debit Cards, WI Drivers license, Money and other items! I am very Grateful that was all that happened and I had to remind myself that it's not my money but Gods! I had a apartment in Antigua and since I am not sure what is gong on with the school I had to tell them I could not have it! I have not been able to sign up for Spanish Class and feel even more frustrated that I am not learning Spanish that I was hoping to learn by now! I then found out a friend of mine from High School has cancer and does not look good! I feel like the stuff I have been dealt with is nothing compared to what she and her family are going through! I am very thankful for what God has given me even the hardship of what I have had. She has three little girls and I know what it is like to lose a mom but to lose one so young is heart wrenching. So it's been hard the last month or so I ask for your prayers that God will continue to be with me and open doors here for me to use the talents he gave me! I continue to seek him out and read his word and could use praryer for my family and frieds. I have learned so much through the trials here that I need to put my Faith in God, I know I have but then things happen and it's a whole new ball game in knowing where your Faith is!

I try not to worry about where I will be teaching at next year, when I will be able to sign up for Spanish class and if more support will come in to continue my mission here? I try to remember Matthew 6:34 Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own. I also like to read Matthew 6: 25-34 Titled Do Not Worry!

Through a Friend here in Mission Impact I am able to get a few warmer items sent down and If all works out her mom is coming at the end of the month and I will be able to get my cards!!! God was sending these people down before my wallet was stolen and it worked out great for me not to be without them for very long!!

The Joy I still see here in the kids and when I see doors open makes all the trials seem easy! I still feel called to be here and pray that God will continue to bless me being a faithful servant! Also When I hear exciting news from back home makes me happy! I sure do miss being home to see those moments in person but I know God has me here for a reason! I am so excited to hear about my friends Katie and Josh having their Lydia!!! She so cute and can't wait to hold her!! Welcome Lydia Elizabeth!!! Can't wait to meet you!!

Here are some pics of Santa Maira (one of the school I am looking at!) and some Local girls at the Parque de Central! I hope I spelled that right! :)





View of the area around the school





Few pics of inside















No comments: