Friday, July 22, 2011

July Update!

 

In the simplicity of life we lose ourselves in our hectic lives. In the past week I have come to notice more that I miss the simplicity of my life. I recently had to leave the country for my visa and while I was gone I was able to see stars! Yes Stars, you sometimes forget they are there but when you live in a country that has rainy season for 6 months, you don’t get to see them often. I was blessed with seeing them twice while I was gone then for a quick second I saw them the night I came back to Guatemala! It was nice to take that minute to see and remember Gods WONDERS. The next day as I was walking to the bus there was a fog cover over the volcanoes and mountains with a light rain coming down I saw a vibrant rainbow. It was so beautiful then to top it off there was a faint one beside it. I could on about what God has recently put in front me in the last week.

What made me think of these “little” things and how we lose the “simple” things in life? Well as I was coming back from my trip and I got a phone call saying my brother-in law (use to be married to my sister, Julie) passed after being in a coma for two years. This, the upcoming 16th year anniversary of my own mother’s death, the sometimes lack of closeness I feel with my walk with God and being busy has made me take a step back and look at what I am doing. I love what I am doing, I love working at school, working with my church which includes many things! Being busy has taken the simplicity of my life and made it at times hectic. I saw these things and started praying and then saw how low my support is and started praying even more. I started to feel guilty about going to God with all this. I know I pray every day but the guilt I was feeling made me think about my lack of walk with him in the last month. I talked to a friend about this and told me that maybe God is reminding me that I need to turn to him more. That maybe the devil is seeing my worry creep in and so I need to pray. I do thank him every day for the blessings he has given me and allowing me to stay and do his work.

I am so thankful that God gave me his beauty on my trip and back here in Guatemala to marvel at. It gave me a great reminder of what he can do! I love being outside and just sitting looking at the ocean, the volcano, the stars, and the fog rolling over the mountain and many others which brings me peace, brings me closer to God as I sit and talk with him.

This is a view from my apartment at 5:30 am Today July 14th one of Gods Wonderful Wonders

 7-14-11 School  005 (3)

Philippians 4:19 and my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus

Matthew 6:25-34 Do Not Worry ( love this whole passage)

34: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it’s own

- A friend gave this verse ( passage)  to me a couple of years ago and has helped me so much!! When I saw my support being low, I started to worry then remember this verse and started praying not to worry and just told myself that God is my provider and he will provide for me.

Philippians4:12-13 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

I ask for your prayers regarding my worry, that God will take that away!

Pray for the hectic in my life to return to the simplicity so I can see more of God and the wonders he makes.

Pray for my support

 

School

School is going very well! Yes it is still hard at times but seeing the kids smile and connect with you makes it all the better!!! Here are a few recent picture of the kids.

 7-14-11 School  005 (6)          7-13-11 School (1)

This is Dulce a girl from my class who has not been to school in months, please pray for her and that she will return! I got to see her today as I was taking the bus back to Antigua!

     7-14-11 School  005 (1)

Cesar finishing a project                                            Kids working on a project and having fun!

7-13-11 School (6)                     7-13-11 School (7)

                                     

7-13-11 School (9)                  7-13-11 School (19)

Cesar and Tomas on writing there names

 

   7-13-11 School (13)       7-13-11 School (16)

 

7-13-11 School (20)                          6-13-22 School 009

 

In regarding my nephews and niece who lost their father, I ask for your prayers for them. They had the service on July 13th and after the service their grandmother had a heartache. She is stable and in a hospital in Davenport, Iowa. please continue to  keep them in your prayers! I also ask for your prayers for my sister, Julie, she is due with her child at any time. She is also trying to find a bigger house for her and the family. Please Pray that God will provide for her.

 

Prayer:

Tooth issues- I Still have to get two teeth worked on

Staying Healthy

Finances-This month was very low

Students and Parents of Santa Maria de Jesus

Traveling to and from work

Teaching English at Church

Keeping God close when life seems to get busy!

My reminding time here in Guatemala

Funds for my return home

Rainy Season is upon us!!! SAFETY

Support:

If you would like to support me you may send checks too or you may go to

Friends of Children Everywhere

P.O. Box 6904

Kokomo, IND U.S.A. 46904-

or you may go to www.foce.org and pay on paypal

Genesis 12:1 The Lord said to Abram, “ Go… away from your country, from your relatives and your father’s house, to the land that I show you.”

 

 

No comments: