Thursday, September 9, 2010

Close to a Month Now!

Well today is September 9th and I have been here almost a month now, at times is seems like it’s been longer. Each day is different and new, God is teaching me something new everyday or reminds me of what he already has! Last Sunday I was finally able to go to Church! I found this church called Iglesia Del Camnio! As some of you may know it’s been hard of me here not having my family or friends around to talk with or do something!!! So on Sunday I prayed God would bring someone into  my life that I can connect with. So as I am sitting in the back ( Yes my friends I am in the Back again) this girl sat a chair over from me. We said Hi and then at some point started talking. So after church I stayed in Antigua and we went for lunch! It was so much FUN!!! We sat at the Tacontento for 3 hours talking. I had told her that I prayed God would send someone to connect with today at church, to be able to talk with and to do stuff with. She then  told me she was not going to go to church but felt God was telling her to go! It was a God thing we were suppose to meet! I had told her I was not able to over come my Fear of the camioneta bus (aka-Chicken Bus) and she told me she would ride the bus home with me so I could stay in Antigua, what a great person. Sadly my new friend (Heather) will be moving back to the states at the end of the month. So I am praying again God will bring someone into my life to connect with. So I may not feel so isolated. Working at the school is wonderful and yet hard! It’s hard to know what’s going on when I don’t understand what people are saying! I am picking up more words and understanding at times of what people say. I am trying to speak more around the house but ‘it’s so hard to remember what words to use in the right form!! So Please keep praying for my Spanish. I think working and being here will be easier when I can start speaking and understanding what people say! Again below is my Prayer Request and Support Wishes!

There are NEW Pictures Below!!! Keep Reading and Keep Going! ENJOY

Prayer Request:

1. God will continue to work in my life here and guiding me through adjustments.

2. I will continue to reach out to God and grow in his word.

3. God will reach out to the people in Guatemala and work in there lives

4. The kids and parents of the school will reach out to God in hard times they will face

5. Pray for my Spanish lesson’s to go smoothly, have understanding and not get flustered.

6. That I will remain safe and healthy.

7. That I will give all my worries and Fears to God

8. That my support will continue to come in each month.

9. That I may come home in December. Tickets right now are 620, I am praying I will have the support to come home!

Support:

With deepest thanks I thank all of you who are willing to support me in my new journey God has directed me to live. I am so grateful for your support each month. I have come into expenses that I would like for you to pray about and wilily to help with the cost. I would like to take Spanish lesson with Latino America in Antigua and the cost is $420 per month. My goal is to do Three months but I will be more then Grateful for Two or at least One month. I feel the need to take these class so I may have a better opportunity to minister here in Guatemala.

The 2nd Cost is my school uniform. I was unaware of the dress code so I didn’t put this in my budget. It’s going to cost me $130 for the uniform the school has required. This is very hard for me to ask, I am use to making my own money and not relaying on others to help with my cost. I am learning a lot here. Support can go to:

F.O.C.E.

P.O. Box 6904

Kokomo, IND

46904-6904

Jennifer Ribbink-Casa Aljaba

Guatemala

Love Jenny

 

Guatemala 002   Guatemala 001My First Tuc Tuc Ride- I would like to drive one!!!I

 

 

 

 

 

Me at the Compania de Jesus                     Espacio De Arte

Guatemala 008    Guatemala 004

The Bathroom faucet at Tacontento              Guacamole con Nochos from Tacontento

Guatemala 013 Guatemala 012

The Yummy toppings for your Tacos

Guatemala 011

Everyday ( if it’s not raining) the Kids line up for announcement and Prayer

Picture Two in the stages of being a clown for the parade on Independence Day!

001   002

This going to be a Bible with Verse’s on it when it’s done! Helping with the pre-school kids

003 004

No comments: